So, lots of people have one of those lists. The list where you write out everything amazing possible thing you want to do at some point. Typically people carry their lists around in their heads, but I’ve discovered if I write it down it’s more likely to happen. So, here’s my list.
Done – 53/123. Yeah! 70 left.
- – Done! Feed Stingrays by hand
- – Done! Learn to Kitesurf
- – Learn and play a song with bar chords on a guitar
- – Get Singing Lessons
- – Done! Move to London
- – Learn sign language and volunteer somewhere that requires me to use it
- – Done! Make a successful chicken roast
- – Done! Get a tattoo
- – Ride the snow in Europe. Specifically: France (Jan 2011), Italy (Mar 2012), Switzerland, and Austria (Apr 2012).
- – See the Auroras in person, with my own eyes
- – Own a house
- – Done! Make (a GOOD) Pumpkin Soup from scratch
- – Done! Ride/Swim with an Elephant
- – Done! Have a child/Have children
- – Done! Go to a Music Festival in Europe. One of those ones where you have to wear gumboots.
- – Done! Visit the Greek Islands
- – Done! Learn how to ride a horse (and actually have it do as I ask)
- – Shoot + Make a brilliant snow video with sound and clever effects
- – Meet five of my blog friends, in real life, in their city (2/5. Awmbr + Des)
- – Done! Complete the 365 Project
- – Build/Design my own House from the ground up
- – See the snow monkeys
- – Volunteer to help in a 3rd World Country
- – Learn to ride a motorbike
- – Swim with whales/dolphins
- – Hug a koala bear
- – Done!Volunteer with Habitat for Humanity
- – Ride at every one of Transworld Snowboardings Top 10 Snowboarding Resorts of North America (2009) [Whistler/Blackcomb (2004), Mammoth Mountain/California, Northstar-At-Tahoe/California, Buttermilk/Colorado, Bear Mountain/California, Snowmass/Colorado, Breckenridge/Colorado, Park City/Utah, Keystone/Colorado Vail/Colorado (2004)
- – Done! Make Pierogi from scratch
- – Done! Ride a bike around the base of the Eiffel Tower.
- – Done! Rock an African Safari
- – Walk on a frozen body of water
- – Done! Change a flat tire.
- – See the Grand Canyon.
- – Fly first class.
- – Done! Complete a Guitar-Hero song on Expert
- – Done! Get my Full License
- – See the Pyramids (Egyptian (2011) and Aztec)
- – Visit all seven continents of the world (North America (2001), South America, Antarctica, Africa (2013), Europe (2010), Asia (2014), Australia (1988))
- – Be happily married at some point
- – Get naked on a nude beach
- – Make a quilt. All by myself.
- – Done! Sign myself up to a Stem Cell Donation register.
- – Done! Cut off all my hair and be brave, and get a pixie cut
- – Done! Ride in a helicopter
- – Figure out how to use my DSLR using the Manual Setting
- – Take recreational culinary classes
- – Walk along the Great Wall of China
- – Done! Finish Crocheting my red scarf
- – Join the Mile High Club
- – Ride in a hot air balloon
- – Done! Drive a convertible with the top down
- – Visit the Amazon
- – See the giant turtles at The Galapagos Islands
- – Climb Ayers Rock (Australia)
- – See the statues at Easter Island
- – Dive in a submarine
- – Done! See the Leaning Tower of Pisa
- – Done! Visit the Vatican City
- – Visit the Taj Mahal
- – Done! Pay off my student loan
- – Done! Attend a red carpet event (and walk the red carpet)
- – (Graffiti) Bomb a wall
- – Done! Walk on a glacier
- – Done! Wander the halls of the Louvre
- – Done! Plant a tree.
- – Milk a cow
- – Done! Visit Stonehenge
- – Learn how to surf
- – Participate in La Tomatina
- – Create a meal from vegetables I’ve grown in a veggie garden
- – Done! Pat a Tiger
- – Go on a cruise
- – Done! Take a trapeze class
- – Done! Attempt to make cheese
- – Try a deep-dish pizza in Chicago
- – Do a road trip from Auckland to Dunedin
- – See Polar Bears in the wild (Churchill, Manitoba?)
- – Done! Legitimately Yell ‘Bingo!’ in a Bingo Hall
- – Experience Zero Gravity
- – Sand board in the Desert
- – Done! Ride in a Zorb down a hill
- – Volunteer at a soup kitchen
- – Help a stranger
- – Ride in a gondola down the canals in Venice
- – Visit the Serengeti
- – Done! Sail a yacht
- – Have $10k in my savings account
- – Done! See a Shakespeare Play at the Globe Theatre
- – Done! Visit a coffee shop in Amsterdam
- – Kayak around the Lagoons in the Bahamas
- – Learn from a Silversmith and make something lovely
- – Prepare and host a 5-course dinner
- – Done! Grow Strawberries
- – Done! See the Nutcracker
- – Done! Go dog sledding
- – Mail 100 hand written letters
- – Ride the ‘original’ Orient Express route.
- – Witness a solar eclipse
- – Ride the snow in Japan
- – Crochet a Granny Squares Blanket
- – Done! Be able to run 5k in one go, without stopping.
- – Make 1,000 origami swans
- – Do a jig in front of 10 recognisible landmarks. (7/10 – Sky Tower, Auckland. Colosseum, Rome. Big Ben, London. Stonehenge, Salisbury. The Leaning Tower of Pisa, Italy. The Great Pyramids, Gisa. The Eiffel Tower)
- – Ride the Mechanical Elephant around Nantes, France.
- – Drive a tank.
- – Done! Visit the Giant’s Causeway
- – Done! Go Paragliding
- – Add to San Luis Obispo’s Bubblegum Alley.
- – Visit the Sistine Chapel (Vatican City)
- – Visit the Parthenon (Athens)
- – Done! See 10 of Invaders pieces in person.
- – Done! Make jam
- – Done! See Monet’s Water Lillies in person.
- – Make Chocolate Frogs
- – Stay at Giraffe Manor
- – Done! Jumping shot with the Laputa Robot at the Ghibli Museum (Mikata, Tokyo)
- – Done! Ride a camel.
- – Visit St. Basil’s Cathedral (Russia)
- – Foster a child.
- – Done! Make a clear note come out of a sax.
- – Done! Enjoy High Tea in London.
- – Swim with turtles (ideally in Akumal, Mexico)
If I complete something on my list, it will no doubt get a post. 🙂
# 2: Learn to Kitesurf
#5: Move to London
#7: Make a successful chicken roast.
#8: Get a tattoo.
#15: Go to a Music Festival in Europe. One of those ones where you have to wear gumboots.
#16: Visit the Greek Islands
#16: Learn to ride a horse (and actually have it do as I ask)
#20: Complete the 365 Project
29: Make Pierogi from scratch
#31: Rock an African Safari
#33: Change a flat tyre.
#36: Complete a guitar hero song on expert.
#37: Get my full license
#45: Ride in a helicopter
#49: Finish my red scarf
#61: Pay off my student loan
#65: Wander the halls of the Lourve
#66: Plant a Tree
#68: Visit Stonehenge
#72: Pat a Tiger
#74: Take a trapeze class.
#75: Make Cheese.
#82: Ride a Zorb down a hill
#89: See a Shakespeare Play at the Globe Theatre
#94: Grow Strawberries
#95: See the Nutcracker
#96: Go Dog Sledding
#102: Run 5k without stopping
#107: Visit the Giants Causeway
#112: See 10 Invader Pieces in person
#113: Make Jam
#114: See Monet’s Water Lillies
#117: Jumping shot with the Laputa Robot at the Studio Ghibli Museum
#118: Ride a Camel.